General Terms and Conditions of HansaPart GmbH, https://ysell.pro
(1) These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to all offers and services relating to the internet platform https://ysell.pro. If the customer refers to the inclusion of his own terms and conditions of business or purchase, these are contradicted.
(2) Individual contractual agreements have priority over general terms and conditions.
- Conclusion of the contract, recording, contract language
(1) The service descriptions on the website are not an offer to conclude a contract. Such an offer is only made when the customer places an order, e.g. by telephone, fax or email. The confirmation of receipt of the order that is sent to the customer upon this does not constitute acceptance of this offer. The contract is only concluded upon receipt of the order confirmation (declaration of acceptance). The customer is no longer bound to their offer (this expires) if the declaration of acceptance was not sent to them within 5 calendar days (from the date of receiving the order).
(2) If a declaration of acceptance that the customer received late was sent in such a way that it would have reached him in good time with regular transport, and if the customer had to recognize this, he must notify of the delay immediately after receipt of the declaration, unless this has already happened before. If the customer delays sending the notification, the acceptance shall not be considered as delayed. Otherwise, the late acceptance on our end is considered a new offer to conclude a contract, which the customer can accept by expressly declaring acceptance or by accepting our services.
- Choice of Applicable Law
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to the contractual relationships between the contracting parties. Excluded from this choice of law are the mandatory consumer protection regulations of the country in which the customer has their residence.
- Pricing and Payment Methods
(1) The prices are based on applicable and current price lists, which are communicated to the customer via the website or in any other way before the contract is concluded. The sales tax (VAT) valid at the time of the order is included in the remuneration.
(2) When concluding contracts, the following payment options are offered:
- Prepayment by bank transfer
- Payment on account
- Payment via Paypal
- Further information on distance selling
(1) The description of the service results from the presentation on the Internet at ysell.pro
(2) The instructions on your statutory right of cancellation as a consumer, exceptions to the right of cancellation, its premature expiry, the cancellation form, the consequences of the cancellation, e.g. return, return costs and refund, can be found under the menu item “Cancellation Policy”.
(3) The time of providing services will be agreed individually with the customer.
(4) There is no out-of-court complaint or legal remedy procedure to which our company is subject.
(5) All other information about our company, the offer and the processing of the contract result from the presentations on our website.
- Consumer Dispute Settlement Procedure
Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013 (ODR Regulation) on online dispute settlement in consumer matters has been in force since January 9th, 2016. It applies to the out-of-court settlement of disputes about contractual obligations arising from online sales contracts or online service contracts between consumers and online retailers and aims to achieve a high level of consumer protection in the European internal market. With the possibility of online dispute settlement (OS), a simple, efficient, fast and inexpensive out-of-court solution for disputes should be offered. The OS platform forwards properly filed complaints to the responsible (according to national law) ODR bodies (out-of-court dispute resolution). The use of the OS platform itself is free of charge, in proceedings before the ADR bodies the consumer may incur costs (up to EUR 30.00) if his application is abusive.
Link to the OS platform by the EU Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic Commerce Information
(1) Technical steps to conclude the contract
You will find the explanations in section 2 of these Terms and Conditions.
(2) Contract text saving / printout
The customer can save the text of the contract by saving the relevant website on their computer using the ‘Save as’ function of his browser. The print function of their browser also gives them the option of printing out the text of the contract. We save the contract texts ourselves and make them available to the customers by email or post if desired.
(3) Correction Opportunity
The customer can correct their entries at any time during the ordering process by selecting the ‘Back’ button in the browser and then making the appropriate change. By closing the web browser, the customer can cancel the entire ordering process at any time. Furthermore, the order overview before sending the online order also offers an additional correction option, to which the customer is informed.
The language available for the conclusion of the contract is exclusively German.
(5) Code of Conduct
We have not submitted to any special code of conduct (set of rules).
It is the statutory warranty.
The photos posted on our website and the texts created by our team are protected by copyright. Unauthorized copying and publication of these (even in part) will be prosecuted under criminal and civil law according to German Copyright Act (UrhG) § 97.
- Severability Clause
If individual provisions of the contract with the customer, including these General Terms and Conditions, are or become invalid in whole or in part, or if the agreements contain a gap, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
Bremen, July 6, 2020